2009 - Present
Including; Paris Opera Ballet, Dutch National Ballet, Norwegian Nation Ballet, The Royal Swedish Ballet, and many more
Andrea has focused on guest conducting with major ballet companies. She has become known for specialising in Balanchine ballets but has also conducted a great deal of the standard ballet repertoire.
Ballet companies she has worked with include;
- Paris Opera Ballet (Balanchine's 'A Midsummer's Night's Dream' 2022, Nureyev's 'The Nutcracker' 2023/2024)
- Dutch National Ballet (Numerous appearances including Balanchine Triple Bills)
- Norwegian National Ballet (Balanchine programmes and Cranko's 'Onegin')
- Los Angeles Ballet (regular appearances conducting 'The Nutcracker')
- The Royal Swedish Ballet (Romeo and Juilet and gala programmes)
Sweden, Norrlands Umeå
- Opera 'The Flying Dutchman' Wagner
- Numerous concerts including much contemporary repertoire
- Worked with local dance company and the orchestra of Norrlands Operan
2001 - 2006
New York City Ballet
US, The Lincoln Center, New York
A vast repertoire including;
- Many Balanchine choreographies- Stravinsky's; 'Apollo', 'Orpheus', 'Agon', 'Symphony in Three Movements', 'Violin Concerto', etc.
- Several premieres choreographed by Peter Martins, Christopher Wheeldon, and Susan Stroman (Full length ballet 'Double Feature')
- This period included tours to Russia (The White Nights Festival), Denmark, Japan, and Edinburgh Festival.
Andrea and her family decided to return to the UK in 2006 so that her young children could continue their education in Britain and her doctor husband could work!
The Royal Ballet
UK, Covent Garden, London
- The three Tchaikovsky major ballets Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty and The Nutcracker, Prokofiev's 'Romeo and Juilet', Henze's 'Undine', and a Diaghilev triple bill- 'Le Biches', 'Poulenc', 'Jeux' (Debussy), and 'Firebird' (Stravinsky).
- This period included tours to the U.S., China, and Japan.
CONDUCT FOR DANCE
The Royal Ballet Company
UK, Covent Garden, London
Winner of The Royal Ballet and Birmingham Royal Ballet's Conduct for Dance competition, this resulted in a novice season with the Birmingham Royal Ballet and 'Dance Bite Tours' with the Royal Ballet.
Working with Youth Orchestras
As well as the Music Directorship of the LPYO, Andrea has worked with many other high quality youth orchestras including; Orchestras at the RCM, The Guildhall Sch. of Music, Trinity College of Music, Cardiff University. Commonwealth Youth Orchestra (Malaysia), Jacobs Sch. of Music Indiana, Dance project at The Juilliard School of Music combined with NYCB.
Repertoire has included; Bruckner Ninth Symphony, Shostakovich 5th,8th and 15th Symphonies, Mahler's Fifth Symphony, Berlioz Lelio/Symphonie Fantastique etc.
Conducting of Opera
Andrea has also conducted several operas including; Malmo Opera ('Aida'), Opera North ('The Merry Widow'), ENO (Mark Morris choreographies of 'Dido and Aeneas' and 'Four Saints in Three Acts')
Trinity College of Music ('The Dialogue of the Carmelites'), Opera Holland Park, (several productions including 'Carmen', 'The Marriage of Figaro', 'The Magic Flute', and Norrlands Opera, Umea ('The Flying Dutchman').